OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — The U.S. Forest Service is taking applications for over 900 temporary jobs that will be filled in the region next year.
The Forest Service plans to hire that many temporary workers to help at national forests and grasslands in Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming next year.
The jobs include a variety of duties, including firefighting, wildlife, recreation, forestry and administrative support.
Applications can be submitted for firefighting and other early-season jobs from Dec. 15 to Dec. 21. Applications for the other jobs will be taken from Jan. 26 to Feb. 1.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- 6 drastic plans Trump is already promising for a second term
- The coming California megastorm
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The job listings are available online at www.fs.usda.gov/main/r2/jobs . Applications can be submitted at www.usajobs.gov .