PROVO, Utah (AP) — Forbes says owning a home in Utah County is a good investment.
The Daily Herald reports the Provo-Orem metro area — which includes much of Utah County — came in second on the business magazine’s 2018 list of the best places to invest in housing.
Only Orlando, Florida, came in ahead of Provo-Orem. The only other Utah area to make the list was Ogden-Clearfield.
The study analyzed markets on five measures: one-year job growth, three-year population growth, one-year home price growth, affordability and Local Market Monitor’s own three-year home price forecast.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
The article says the average home price in the area is $266,169. Forbes says the area has a one-year home price growth of 10 percent and the forecast for the next three years is a housing price growth of 31 percent.
Information from: The Daily Herald, http://www.heraldextra.com