PROVO, Utah (AP) — Forbes says owning a home in Utah County is a good investment.
The Daily Herald reports the Provo-Orem metro area — which includes much of Utah County — came in second on the business magazine’s 2018 list of the best places to invest in housing.
Only Orlando, Florida, came in ahead of Provo-Orem. The only other Utah area to make the list was Ogden-Clearfield.
The study analyzed markets on five measures: one-year job growth, three-year population growth, one-year home price growth, affordability and Local Market Monitor’s own three-year home price forecast.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
The article says the average home price in the area is $266,169. Forbes says the area has a one-year home price growth of 10 percent and the forecast for the next three years is a housing price growth of 31 percent.
Information from: The Daily Herald, http://www.heraldextra.com