PORT SALERNO, Fla. (AP) — Authorities in Florida say a parks and recreation department worker was shocked and burned when he touched a power line while cutting trees while cleaning up after Hurricane Matthew.
Officials with Martin County’s fire rescue department and the sheriff’s office tell local media outlets that the 47-year-old man was working on a lift when he touched the power line Monday morning.
He was flown to Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami for treatment.
County spokeswoman Gabriella Ferraro says he was breathing and conscious.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump Promotes Posts From Racist Twitter Feed
- Wealthiest hospitals — including Providence Health System — got billions in bailout for struggling health providers
- COVID-19 is deadliest where Democrats live, adding to nation's strife
- Undersea explorers find wreck of USS Nevada, the ship that almost escaped Pearl Harbor
- When can I see my grandkids? Here's some advice.