MAITLAND, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a 91-year-old woman was killed when her 78-year-old friend accidentally ran her over with a car after dropping her off at her home.
Florida Highway Patrol spokeswoman Kim Montes says Alice Bessmer was getting items out of the back seat of Ursula Schleider’s car Wednesday when the car began rolling backward and knocked the woman to the ground.
Montes says Schleider pressed the accelerator to back up and ran over Bessmer.
Bessmer was pronounced dead at the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- Another coronavirus variant has reached Florida. Here's what you need to know.
- What you need to know about the CDC's new mask guidance
- Trans model makes Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover history: 'If you don't like it, you can go somewhere else'
- Prison officials allowed convicted sex abuser Larry Nassar to pay little to victims while spending thousands on himself
Highway patrol detectives are investigating, and so far no charges have been filed.
Information from: Orlando Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com/