FORT PAYNE, Ala. (AP) — A Florida teenager is accused of threatening a school shooting in Alabama.
Fort Payne Police Chief Randy Bynum tells news outlets that 19-year-old Anthony Kessler made the threat against Fort Payne High School on March 5. The FBI and the Lee County, Florida Sheriff’s Office announced Kessler was arrested on Tuesday at a restaurant in Fort Myers.
Records say the Lehigh Acres man is jailed in Lee County on a warrant from DeKalb County, Alabama charging him with making a threat against a school. He was arrested as an out-of-state fugitive from justice. It is unclear if he has a lawyer.
Authorities have not released information about a motive for the threat.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- As probe closes in, Trump distances himself from Cohen
- Some link depression, failed LASIK
- 'Nobody should work here — ever': Teen uses intercom to quit Walmart
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- Amazon executives grilled, jeered at New York City Council hearing
Lehigh Acres, Florida is more than 700 miles (1,000 kilometers) from Fort Payne, Alabama.