FORT PAYNE, Ala. (AP) — A Florida teenager is accused of threatening a school shooting in Alabama.
Fort Payne Police Chief Randy Bynum tells news outlets that 19-year-old Anthony Kessler made the threat against Fort Payne High School on March 5. The FBI and the Lee County, Florida Sheriff’s Office announced Kessler was arrested on Tuesday at a restaurant in Fort Myers.
Records say the Lehigh Acres man is jailed in Lee County on a warrant from DeKalb County, Alabama charging him with making a threat against a school. He was arrested as an out-of-state fugitive from justice. It is unclear if he has a lawyer.
Authorities have not released information about a motive for the threat.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump campaign selling email and phone lists for millions of supporters
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Prince Harry, Meghan expecting child in spring
- Sen. Warren: DNA test shows I have Native American heritage
- Alec Baldwin urges 'overthrow' of Trump government via voting
Lehigh Acres, Florida is more than 700 miles (1,000 kilometers) from Fort Payne, Alabama.