ABERDEEN, S.D. (AP) — A Florida man has pleaded guilty in a crash in South Dakota last November that killed a woman.
Authorities say 24-year-old Cedric Beauvil, of Miami, was driving a semitrailer that failed to stop at a highway intersection in Beadle County and crashed into a pickup truck driven by 18-year-old Kennedy Tomsha, of Tulare. Tomsha died at a Huron hospital.
The American News reports that Beauvil pleaded guilty Tuesday to second-degree manslaughter, and prosecutors dismissed several other charges. He faces up to 10 years in prison. A sentencing date wasn’t immediately scheduled.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Marin, once known for vaccine skeptics, now tells them ‘you’re not welcome’
- Supreme Court rejects bump stock ban cases
- U.S. Supreme Court takes on Clean Water Act in Idaho couple's case
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- His mom's house flooded during Ian. He swam a half-mile to save her
Information from: Aberdeen American News, http://www.aberdeennews.com