PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man has been sentenced to three consecutive life sentences for repeatedly raping a 3-year-old boy and sharing images of the abuse.
The Pensacola News Journal reports a jury found the 22-year-old man guilty on 36 counts of child sex-related charges on Tuesday. Circuit Judge John Miller handed down the life sentences and tacked on an additional 495 years in prison.
Prosecutors said the man filmed and photographed the abuse of the child for about two months in 2016, until his wife found the child porn on his phone and went to police.
She testified during the one-day trial on Tuesday, telling jurors she recognized the boy and her husband in the photos and screenshots.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion
- Supreme Court expands gun rights, with nation divided
- Government to cancel $6 billion in student loans for defrauded borrowers
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- He stole a patrol vehicle, officials say — then responded to an emergency
Two other men are serving prison sentences for communicating with the man about the videos and photos.