DeLand, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a man punched his ex-girlfriend, stuffed her in a car trunk and led Florida authorities on a 120 mph chase.
Darrian Miller allegedly demanded the woman drive him somewhere on Monday night. He then told her to get out of the car and when she refused authorities said he punched her repeatedly and forced her into the trunk.
At one point, she got out but witnesses said Miller beat her and tried to close the trunk again. She eventually escaped and ran for help.
Miller was later spotted driving the vehicle in Daytona Beach. Authorities say they tried to stop him and he sped away from police as fast as 120 mph before deputies used stop sticks.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump campaign selling email and phone lists for millions of supporters
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Sen. Warren: DNA test shows I have Native American heritage
- Alec Baldwin urges 'overthrow' of Trump government via voting
- Prince Harry, Meghan expecting child in spring
WKMG reports he is being held without bond on multiple charges including kidnapping, car jacking, robbery and false imprisonment.
Information from: WKMG-TV, http://www.local6.com/index.html