ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A 27-year-old Florida man is accused of fatally stabbing his mother and injuring his younger sister at their home.
Orange County Sheriff’s spokeswoman Jane Watrel tells new outlets that Autumn Farney heard noises outside their home in Orlando late Monday. She went outside and saw her brother Adam Farney standing over their mother, Lori Farney, who later died.
Watrel says the sister intervened and he began stabbing her. She fought back and injured brother before running to a neighbor’s house and calling 911.
Adam Farney barricaded himself inside the home until a SWAT team got him to surrender.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Florida man filming sunrise killed when sand dune collapses
Autumn Farney and her brother are being treated for their injuries.
Watrel says he faces a first-degree murder charge after he’s released from the hospital. It’s unclear whether he has a lawyer.