MERRITT ISLAND, Fla. (AP) — A Florida festival says it has baked the world’s largest key lime pie aiming to shatter a record.
A key lime company created on Saturday a pie using a custom pan that measures more than 12 feet (4 meters) in diameter. The recipe asks for 480 cups of graham cracker crust and more than 12,800 ounces (379 liters) of key lime pie filling.
The pie was created to weigh more than 1,000 pounds (454 kilograms), with a volume of about 7 mid-size refrigerators.
Besides the giant pastry, the 7th Annual Florida Key Lime Pie Festival in Merritt Island celebrated the state’s favorite desert with pie eating contests and normal-sized pie tossing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- Guard troops search for more wildfire victims; 56 dead WATCH
- Shot in the neck at 17, this is the trauma surgeon now leading doctors against gun violence and NRA
- Migrant caravan groups arrive by hundreds at US border VIEW