FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — A Florida deputy is facing charges after authorities say he stole action figures and other items from Walmart.
Broward Sheriff’s officials arrested Deputy Henry Guzman on Monday. The 13-year veteran is expected to be suspended without pay after the state attorney’s office formally files the charges.
Authorities investigated after receiving a tip. They say Guzman stole from the store on three separate dates while wearing his uniform. He allegedly stole DVDs and action figures worth $200.
Sheriff Scott Israel condemned Guzman’s actions as disgraceful in a statement.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Health plans no longer have to cover preventive care at no cost. Here’s what to know
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- AP sources: Trump facing at least 1 felony charge in NY case WATCH
- One key player did not cooperate with prosecutors: Trump’s financial gatekeeper
- A rescue dog and goat are best friends. A shelter put them up for adoption as a pair.
It’s unclear if Guzman had retained an attorney who could comment on the charges.