FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — About 100 passengers and employees were evacuated from a Florida airport after a natural gas leak in a restaurant.
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport spokesman Greg Meyer said in a Sun Sentinel report that two concourses in Terminal 3 were evacuated early Sunday.
Meyer said the closure lasted about an hour.
Meyer said the gas leak came from a restaurant in one of the concourses. Broward County authorities were investigating what caused the leak.
Most Read Stories
- ICE agents arrest man inside Oregon house without warrant
- Instant analysis: Three thoughts from the Seahawks' romp over the Giants at MetLife Stadium
- I-5’s Uncle Sam: 50 years and still ticked off near Chehalis
- Analysis | Three thoughts from No. 15 WSU's 28-0 win over Colorado
- Seahawks gain control of their emotions, and the ball, to finally break loose from Giants, 24-7
All restaurants in the terminal reopened when passengers were allowed to return.
Information from: Sun Sentinel , http://www.sun-sentinel.com/