NEW YORK (AP) — Flights have resumed at New York’s LaGuardia and Kennedy International airports a day after weather-related suspensions.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey said Friday that travelers still should check their flight’s status with airlines before going to the airport.
The winter storm that pummeled the East Coast on Thursday included strong winds and whiteout conditions.
New Jersey’s Newark Liberty Airport did not suspend flights, though it also experienced massive delays and cancellations as a result of the storm.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Trump backs down, says he misspoke on Russia meddling WATCH
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump says he accepts US intelligence on Russian interference in election but denies collusion