NEW YORK (AP) — Flights have resumed at New York’s LaGuardia and Kennedy International airports a day after weather-related suspensions.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey said Friday that travelers still should check their flight’s status with airlines before going to the airport.
The winter storm that pummeled the East Coast on Thursday included strong winds and whiteout conditions.
New Jersey’s Newark Liberty Airport did not suspend flights, though it also experienced massive delays and cancellations as a result of the storm.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again