NEW YORK (AP) — Flights have resumed at New York’s LaGuardia and Kennedy International airports a day after weather-related suspensions.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey said Friday that travelers still should check their flight’s status with airlines before going to the airport.
The winter storm that pummeled the East Coast on Thursday included strong winds and whiteout conditions.
New Jersey’s Newark Liberty Airport did not suspend flights, though it also experienced massive delays and cancellations as a result of the storm.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH