HANOI, Vietnam (AP) — A disaster official says flash floods triggered by a tropical storm have killed seven people and left four others missing in a northern Vietnamese province.
Tran Viet Phuong in Son La province said Thursday that authorities are still searching for the four missing, including a four-year-old boy whose house was washed away.
Flash floods washed away more than 20 houses in the province, he said.
Tropical Storm Kujira which slammed northern coast on Wednesday has now dissipated, according to the national weather forecasters.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Vaccine reserve was already exhausted when Trump administration vowed to release it, dashing hopes of expanded access
- 'QAnon Shaman's' note to Pence cited as evidence of 'assassination' plot before prosecutors walk back claim
- The $3,000-a-month toilet for the Ivanka Trump/Jared Kushner Secret Service detail
- Trump to leave Washington on morning of Biden's inauguration
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The storm has dumped up to 20 centimeters (nearly 8 inches) of rain on many parts of northern region over the past two days.
Vietnam is prone to flood s and storms, which kill hundreds of people each year.