HANOI, Vietnam (AP) — A disaster official says flash floods triggered by a tropical storm have killed seven people and left four others missing in a northern Vietnamese province.
Tran Viet Phuong in Son La province said Thursday that authorities are still searching for the four missing, including a four-year-old boy whose house was washed away.
Flash floods washed away more than 20 houses in the province, he said.
Tropical Storm Kujira which slammed northern coast on Wednesday has now dissipated, according to the national weather forecasters.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump Supporters Disrupt Early Voting in Virginia
- ‘We May Be Surprised Again’: An Unpredictable Pandemic Takes a Terrible Toll
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski says she doesn't support filling Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's seat before the election
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Nancy Pelosi touts 'arrows in our quiver' to delay Supreme Court nomination
The storm has dumped up to 20 centimeters (nearly 8 inches) of rain on many parts of northern region over the past two days.
Vietnam is prone to flood s and storms, which kill hundreds of people each year.