FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say a Flagstaff elementary school teacher has been arrested on suspicion of child molestation and sexual conduct with a minor.
Flagstaff police say 37-year-old Ted Komada was taken into custody Sunday, released after his initial court appearance and then arrested again.
He submitted his resignation last weekend to the Flagstaff Unified School District.
Komada is being held at the Coconino County Jail on a $25,000 bond.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood
It was unclear Wednesday if he has a lawyer yet.
The Flagstaff Daily Sun reports Komada was a teacher and chess coach at Killip Elementary School and had been at the school for 14 years.
Police say the alleged incidents occurred outside of the school setting, but didn’t release any details.