FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say a Flagstaff elementary school teacher has been arrested on suspicion of child molestation and sexual conduct with a minor.
Flagstaff police say 37-year-old Ted Komada was taken into custody Sunday, released after his initial court appearance and then arrested again.
He submitted his resignation last weekend to the Flagstaff Unified School District.
Komada is being held at the Coconino County Jail on a $25,000 bond.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Turkey: 'Atrocious' recording suggests killer used drugs VIEW
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- A reader's guide to 12 Trump administration targets House Democrats are preparing to investigate
- Utility emailed Northern California woman about power-line problems 1 day before fire
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
It was unclear Wednesday if he has a lawyer yet.
The Flagstaff Daily Sun reports Komada was a teacher and chess coach at Killip Elementary School and had been at the school for 14 years.
Police say the alleged incidents occurred outside of the school setting, but didn’t release any details.