FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) — The Flagstaff Police Department says officers won’t be prosecuted in the fatal shooting of a 78-year-old man who pointed a gun at a woman and the officers during a February encounter.
A Police Department statement released Thursday says the Coconino County Attorney’s Office reviewed the incident and on May 4 declined to prosecute the officers involved in the Feb. 9 shooting of John Hamilton of Flagstaff.
Police say officers shot Hamilton after he ignored repeated commands from the officers over several minutes to drop his gun and not wave it around.
No officers were injured.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump, in call, urged Ukraine to investigate Biden's son VIEW
- Women leave Montana town over border agency lawsuit backlash
- Warren says her tax plan asks just 'two cents' of the super-rich. How much of a hit would they take?
- Trapped at a waterfall, they sent an SOS message in a water bottle and were rescued
- 3 dead, 4 hospitalized in suspected drug overdose