FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) — A Flagstaff painting company has been ordered to pay more than $200,000 in back wages for dozens of employees.
The U.S. Department of Labor announced Wednesday that an investigation determined Major League Painting Inc. committed several overtime and record-keeping violations.
According to the department, the commercial and residential painting contractor neglected to pay 70 employees time-and-a-half for overtime hours as required by law.
Officials say the employer gave straight time payments instead and listed them as bonuses in payroll records.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man shouting 'You die!' kills 33 in Japan anime studio fire VIEW
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- Records detail frenetic effort to bury stories about Trump
- US heat wave just warming up for long and scorching weekend VIEW
- Notre-Dame came far closer to collapsing than anybody knew VIEW
The company will pay more than $240,000 in owed wages and liquidated damages to workers.