FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) — A Flagstaff painting company has been ordered to pay more than $200,000 in back wages for dozens of employees.
The U.S. Department of Labor announced Wednesday that an investigation determined Major League Painting Inc. committed several overtime and record-keeping violations.
According to the department, the commercial and residential painting contractor neglected to pay 70 employees time-and-a-half for overtime hours as required by law.
Officials say the employer gave straight time payments instead and listed them as bonuses in payroll records.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Former Trump adviser undercuts GOP impeachment defenses VIEW
- Winners and losers from the November Democratic debate VIEW
- Snowboarding visionary Jake Burton Carpenter dies at 65
- The divide in Yakima is the divide in America VIEW
- A former Fox News executive divides Americans using Russian tactics
The company will pay more than $240,000 in owed wages and liquidated damages to workers.