FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) — Law enforcement agencies in Flagstaff are stepping up efforts to look for wildfire risks from the air.
The Coconino County Sheriff’s Office and Flagstaff police are joining together to conduct early morning and evening air patrols to prevent potential wildfires.
The aircraft patrols will serve as another way to survey the greater Flagstaff area for illegal campfires and other potential fire hazards.
The air patrols will run until fire bans are lifted or other fire threats are alleviated.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man shouting 'You die!' kills 33 in Japan anime studio fire VIEW
- Notre-Dame came far closer to collapsing than anybody knew VIEW
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- Here are the Republicans who broke with their party and other takeaways from the vote on Trump’s language
- Abigail Disney is taking her family's company to task over working conditions at Disneyland