BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — Gov. Doug Burgum has directed state agencies to fly the U.S. and state flags at half-staff on Friday to honor former North Dakota Gov. George Sinner.
Sinner died Friday at age 89. His funeral is at 10 a.m. Friday at Nativity Church of Fargo.
The Democrat served as governor from 1985 through 1992. He was a native of Fargo and grew up in nearby Casselton.
People and businesses also are encouraged to fly flags at half-staff from sunrise to sunset on Friday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fear mounts in Austin as serial bomber uses tripwire VIEW
- Teen shoots girl in Maryland school, killed in confrontation VIEW
- Self-driving vehicle strikes and kills pedestrian in Arizona VIEW
- He attends an elite university but lives in a crowded, leaky trailer VIEW
- Package bound for Austin explodes at Texas FedEx facility; second package recovered