BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — Gov. Doug Burgum has directed state agencies to fly the U.S. and state flags at half-staff on Friday to honor former North Dakota Gov. George Sinner.
Sinner died Friday at age 89. His funeral is at 10 a.m. Friday at Nativity Church of Fargo.
The Democrat served as governor from 1985 through 1992. He was a native of Fargo and grew up in nearby Casselton.
People and businesses also are encouraged to fly flags at half-staff from sunrise to sunset on Friday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dog that waited weeks in ruins of California wildfire is reunited with owner WATCH
- Justices won't hear states' appeal over Planned Parenthood
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Need a transplant? You’ll need to prove you can pay costs
- Trump blames lawyer Michael Cohen for hush money 'liability'