BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — Gov. Doug Burgum has directed state agencies to fly the U.S. and state flags at half-staff on Friday to honor former North Dakota Gov. George Sinner.
Sinner died Friday at age 89. His funeral is at 10 a.m. Friday at Nativity Church of Fargo.
The Democrat served as governor from 1985 through 1992. He was a native of Fargo and grew up in nearby Casselton.
People and businesses also are encouraged to fly flags at half-staff from sunrise to sunset on Friday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Commentary | What’s behind Melania Trump’s ‘I really don’t care, do u’ jacket?
- Crying Honduran girl on cover of Time was not separated from her mother
- Justices adopt digital-age privacy rules to track cellphones
- Melania Trump dons 'I really don't care, do u?' jacket
- Koko, beloved gorilla who learned to use sign language, has died