BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — Gov. Doug Burgum has directed state agencies to fly the U.S. and state flags at half-staff on Friday to honor former North Dakota Gov. George Sinner.
Sinner died Friday at age 89. His funeral is at 10 a.m. Friday at Nativity Church of Fargo.
The Democrat served as governor from 1985 through 1992. He was a native of Fargo and grew up in nearby Casselton.
People and businesses also are encouraged to fly flags at half-staff from sunrise to sunset on Friday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- DNA testing helps police confirm Ted Bundy killed missing Utah teen
- Kellyanne Conway dismisses her husband's concerns that President Trump's mental health is deteriorating
- RNC links 'noted Irishman' Beto O'Rourke's heritage to 1998 DWI arrest
- Boeing 737 Max 8 hit trouble right away, pilot’s tense radio messages show