LEITCHFIELD, Ky. (AP) — Police say two fishermen have found the body of a 16-year-old Kentucky girl who was reported missing in April.
News outlets report the body was found Monday under a bridge on Kentucky 84 in Hardin County near the Western Kentucky Parkway. Leitchfield Police Chief Kevin Henderson announced on Tuesday morning that it was the body of Savanna Crawford, who was last seen on April 10 walking away from her Grayson County home.
Henderson said officials are investigating and wouldn’t speculate about the girl’s cause of death or how her body ended up where it was found.
He said the Kentucky Medical Examiner’s Office in Louisville would conduct an autopsy.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas