KITTERY, Maine (AP) — A company involved in the design of a Miami pedestrian bridge that collapsed in a deadly accident was also involved in construction of several bridges in Maine.
The Portland Press Herald reports on Friday FIGG Bridge Engineers of Tallahassee, Florida, helped design the new Sarah Mildred Long Bridge from Kittery to Portsmouth, New Hampshire. The firm was also involved in the design of the Penobscot Narrows Bridge in the Bucksport area, the Sagadahoc Bridge in Bath and Wiscasset Bridge in Wiscasset.
The Press Herald reports the firm’s role in the Maine bridges is noted in materials promoting its involvement in the Kittery project.
FIGG said in a statement that the Miami event was “unprecedented” in its history. The collapse killed at least six people and injured 10 others.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95