KITTERY, Maine (AP) — A company involved in the design of a Miami pedestrian bridge that collapsed in a deadly accident was also involved in construction of several bridges in Maine.
The Portland Press Herald reports on Friday FIGG Bridge Engineers of Tallahassee, Florida, helped design the new Sarah Mildred Long Bridge from Kittery to Portsmouth, New Hampshire. The firm was also involved in the design of the Penobscot Narrows Bridge in the Bucksport area, the Sagadahoc Bridge in Bath and Wiscasset Bridge in Wiscasset.
The Press Herald reports the firm’s role in the Maine bridges is noted in materials promoting its involvement in the Kittery project.
FIGG said in a statement that the Miami event was “unprecedented” in its history. The collapse killed at least six people and injured 10 others.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Serial killer who took 10 women's lives executed in Florida
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- 3 dead, state capital battered as storms rake Missouri VIEW
- Trump, Pelosi trade insults as their feud heats up VIEW
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers