KITTERY, Maine (AP) — A company involved in the design of a Miami pedestrian bridge that collapsed in a deadly accident was also involved in construction of several bridges in Maine.
The Portland Press Herald reports on Friday FIGG Bridge Engineers of Tallahassee, Florida, helped design the new Sarah Mildred Long Bridge from Kittery to Portsmouth, New Hampshire. The firm was also involved in the design of the Penobscot Narrows Bridge in the Bucksport area, the Sagadahoc Bridge in Bath and Wiscasset Bridge in Wiscasset.
The Press Herald reports the firm’s role in the Maine bridges is noted in materials promoting its involvement in the Kittery project.
FIGG said in a statement that the Miami event was “unprecedented” in its history. The collapse killed at least six people and injured 10 others.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- What happens when 25,000 Amazon workers flush toilets?
- Trump threatens shutdown in wild encounter with Democrats WATCH
- 5 things to watch this week in the Mueller probe
- Pelosi gives Trump an earful, questions 'manhood' in private WATCH