STRASBURG, Va. (AP) — Six volunteer firefighters in Virginia have been charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
News outlets report that the six members of the Strasburg Volunteer Fire Department were arrested over the weekend after a Virginia State Police investigation.
A search warrant unsealed last year showed that the firefighters were accused of gang raping a 17-year-old girl, videotaping the assault and sharing it on Snapchat.
Contributing to the delinquency of a minor is a misdemeanor carrying a maximum punishment of 12 months in jail. The charge can include consensual sex acts with a minor aged 15 or older.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect
The girl said she was drunk and felt intimidated by the firefighters and that the sex wasn’t consensual.