STRASBURG, Va. (AP) — Six volunteer firefighters in Virginia have been charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
News outlets report that the six members of the Strasburg Volunteer Fire Department were arrested over the weekend after a Virginia State Police investigation.
A search warrant unsealed last year showed that the firefighters were accused of gang raping a 17-year-old girl, videotaping the assault and sharing it on Snapchat.
Contributing to the delinquency of a minor is a misdemeanor carrying a maximum punishment of 12 months in jail. The charge can include consensual sex acts with a minor aged 15 or older.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Turkey: 'Atrocious' recording suggests killer used drugs VIEW
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- A reader's guide to 12 Trump administration targets House Democrats are preparing to investigate
- Utility emailed Northern California woman about power-line problems 1 day before fire
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
The girl said she was drunk and felt intimidated by the firefighters and that the sex wasn’t consensual.