STRASBURG, Va. (AP) — Six volunteer firefighters in Virginia have been charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Area news outlets report that the six members of the Strasburg Volunteer Fire Department were arrested over the weekend after a Virginia State Police investigation.
A search warrant unsealed last year showed that the firefighters had been accused of gang raping a 17-year-old girl, videotaping the assault and sharing it on social media.
Contributing to the delinquency of a minor is a misdemeanor carrying a maximum punishment of 12 months in jail. The charge can include consensual sex acts with a minor aged 15 or older.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 29 VIEW
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Death toll rises in California wildfire, matching deadliest VIEW
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
According to court documents, the girl said she was drunk and felt intimidated by the firefighters and that the sex wasn’t consensual.