STRASBURG, Va. (AP) — Six volunteer firefighters in Virginia have been charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Area news outlets report that the six members of the Strasburg Volunteer Fire Department were arrested over the weekend after a Virginia State Police investigation.
A search warrant unsealed last year showed that the firefighters had been accused of gang raping a 17-year-old girl, videotaping the assault and sharing it on social media.
Contributing to the delinquency of a minor is a misdemeanor carrying a maximum punishment of 12 months in jail. The charge can include consensual sex acts with a minor aged 15 or older.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Less beef, more beans. Experts say world needs a new diet
- Crushing defeat for May's deal leaves Brexit path unclear
- Government shutdown may upend State of the Union speech WATCH
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez vs. Wall Street: Lawmaker wins spot on powerful House committee
According to court documents, the girl said she was drunk and felt intimidated by the firefighters and that the sex wasn’t consensual.