SANFORD, Maine (AP) — Firefighters in Maine have contained two brush fires in the town of Sanford.
WGME-TV reports the first fire started around 2 p.m. Monday. The second fire began about 15 minutes later. Sanford fire officials responded to the first brush fire while crews from multiple neighboring towns addressed the second blaze.
Officials say the quick response saved a home that was in danger of burning.
Fire officials say the combination of warm temperatures and low humidity pose a risk.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Trump executive nears plea deal with Manhattan prosecutors
Information from: WGME-TV, http://www.wgme.com