CHELSEA, Mass. (AP) — Firefighters called to the scene of a brush fire in Massachusetts have discovered a badly burned body.
Police say the fire was reported in the median between Revere Beach Parkway and Route 1 in Chelsea around 6:45 p.m. Thursday.
Firefighters found the man’s body once the flames were extinguished. The condition of the body made it difficult for authorities to determine if there was any trauma.
Police say the body was found in an area frequented by homeless people.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Warren says her tax plan asks just 'two cents' of the super-rich. How much of a hit would they take?
- Trapped at a waterfall, they sent an SOS message in a water bottle and were rescued
- US couple accused of ditching adopted girl, moving to Canada
- New Zealand worker feared he might lose his job, so he brought an emotional-support clown to work
- President Trump blamed energy-saving bulbs for making him look orange. Experts say probably not.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner is scheduled to perform an autopsy to determine the man’s identity and cause of death.