WELLS, Maine (AP) — A Maine firefighter came to the rescue of a dog that became trapped on a roof.
Wells police say the dog made its way through an upstairs window and became stranded on the home’s roof over the weekend. Police say worried onlookers called about the pooch and one person even waited near the home until first responders arrived.
Wells Fire Department Captain Jeff Nawfel climbed a ladder to reach the dog. Nawfel was able to coax the canine back into the home after a couple wet kisses.
No word if the troublesome pet is out of the doghouse yet.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
- A dam in Syria was on a ‘no-strike’ list. The U.S. bombed it anyway
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?