NORWAY, Maine (AP) — A fire has swept through a home in Maine, leaving one man dead.
The state fire marshal’s office says firefighters found 68-year-old Stephen McAllister Sunday morning in the living room of his one-story home in the town of Norway.
Authorities say the fire was reported by a neighbor who had spotted smoke coming from McAllister’s house.
An autopsy will be conducted.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.