NORWAY, Maine (AP) — A fire has swept through a home in Maine, leaving one man dead.
The state fire marshal’s office says firefighters found 68-year-old Stephen McAllister Sunday morning in the living room of his one-story home in the town of Norway.
Authorities say the fire was reported by a neighbor who had spotted smoke coming from McAllister’s house.
An autopsy will be conducted.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Deadly fungus spread rapidly during the pandemic, CDC says
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Tourism agency apologizes after sexualizing Canadian city's name WATCH
- Are allergies making you tired, or is it COVID … or something else?
- How immune are we? Why knowing this is essential for post-pandemic life
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.