MINA, S.D. (AP) — A fire fueled by strong winds extensively damaged a grain elevator in Brown County.
The fire broke out about 11:30 a.m. Sunday in Mina. Because of 40 to 45 mph winds, smaller fires caused by blowing, burning debris were ignited in fields adjacent to the structure.
Aberdeen American News says the BNSF Railway was asked to stop trains from coming through the area and traffic from Highway 12 was temporarily diverted from Mina. There were no reports of injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
Information from: Aberdeen American News, http://www.aberdeennews.com