SPARKS, Nev. (AP) — The residents of 10 apartments in Sparks have been evacuated after a maintenance crew sparked a fire at a complex on the edge of Reno.
KTVN-TV reports the fire broke out at about noon Tuesday at the Lansdowne House apartments on Sullivan Lane.
Investigators say crews were welding inside an apartment when the fire started.
No one was hurt.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Texas thrusts itself into the center of battles over personal freedom
- One woman dominated a local fair's food contest. The internet went looking for her
- Men rush to get vasectomies after Roe ruling
- Cruz takes a shot at Elmo the muppet over getting a COVID vaccine
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison
The surrounding apartments were evacuated as a precaution.
The Red Cross is helping the affected residents.
Information from: KTVN-TV, http://www.ktvn.com