MILWAUKEE (AP) — Milwaukee police are investigating a fire at a home where a 15-year-old boy was brutally attacked and killed apparently over a stolen video game.
Officials say the fire Tuesday night could be arson. Fire damage was limited.
Twenty-one-year-old Malik Terrell is charged with killing Dennis King at the home by attacking him with a hammer and stabbing him in the neck. The boy’s burned remains were found in another house, which was abandoned, on Sunday. He had been missing for more than a week.
Prosecutors say Terrell’s younger brothers believed King had something to do with the theft of their video gaming system.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s husband files for divorce after 27 years
- ‘Giant backfire’: Trump’s demand for special master is looking like a mistake | Analysis
- Floods trap many in Florida as Ian heads to South Carolina
- FDA announces a new definition of what's ‘healthy’
- Engineer flying inside Hurricane Ian calls it worst flight of his career