NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a fast-moving fire at a commercial building in Newark caused some damages to the site but no injuries.
The fire at the single-story building on Raymond Boulevard was reported shortly after 6 a.m. Tuesday and was brought under control about 50 minutes later. It also spread to an adjacent commercial property before it was brought under control.
The building was damaged by the fire, as was a tractor-trailer, a car and various building materials. And the smoky conditions caused major travel delays in the area and led to a stretch of Raymond Boulevard being briefly closed.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Could this new version of an old grain help fight climate change and feed the world?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- At Alaska's most popular national park, climate change threatens the only road in and out
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge
- When a fisherman pulled in his line, he knew he had 'something weird': A 40-pound alligator gar