SCOTTSBLUFF, Neb. (AP) — The longtime Scottsbluff fire chief has retired after being placed on administrative leave.
Dana Miller was put on the paid leave Nov. 29. He would say only that he was on leave pending an investigation. City Manager Nathan Johnson has declined to discuss Miller’s being placed on leave, saying it was a personnel matter.
Miller had headed the department for 18 years. He said Thursday that he’s been eligible to retire for some time.
Scottsbluff Police Chief Kevin Spencer has been named interim fire chief.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Texas thrusts itself into the center of battles over personal freedom, starting with abortion and sodomy
- One woman dominated a local fair's food contest. The internet went looking for her
- Men rush to get vasectomies after Roe ruling
- Cruz takes a shot at Elmo the muppet over getting a COVID vaccine
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison