EAGLE GROVE, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a house fire in north-central Iowa killed one person and injured another.
Eagle Grove Fire Chief Tom Peterson told The Messenger that three people were in the Eagle Grove home when the blaze erupted around 9:30 p.m. Monday. He says two of them made it out — one uninjured and one later taken to an Iowa City hospital. Firefighters found the third resident’s body as they knocked down flames.
Peterson says an electrical fire in the kitchen spread through the rear of the structure.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- When she named her breakfast cafe Woke, a conservative backlash followed
- A bear in Colorado took 400 selfies. Fashion pros say they're a star
- Rep. George Santos is stepping down from committees amid fabrications about his biography
- George Santos scandal consumes Congress, chafes lawmakers on both sides of aisle
Information from: The Messenger, http://www.messengernews.net