DIXFIELD, Maine (AP) — Officials say a western Maine man is in the hospital after a kitchen fire left him with burns over nearly half his body.
Firefighters say they were on the scene Tuesday night in Dixfield, and victim Richard Roberts had to be airlifted to an area hospital. Firefighter Chris Morretto says he was able to put out the kitchen fire and prevent it from spreading.
Fire Chief Scott Dennett says 78-year-old Roberts had burns over 45 percent of his body, with significant burning on his hands and arms.
The home has no exterior damage and the damage inside the home is minor.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect
The Maine Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating the cause of the fire.