DIXFIELD, Maine (AP) — Officials say a western Maine man is in the hospital after a kitchen fire left him with burns over nearly half his body.
Firefighters say they were on the scene Tuesday night in Dixfield, and victim Richard Roberts had to be airlifted to an area hospital. Firefighter Chris Morretto says he was able to put out the kitchen fire and prevent it from spreading.
Fire Chief Scott Dennett says 78-year-old Roberts had burns over 45 percent of his body, with significant burning on his hands and arms.
The home has no exterior damage and the damage inside the home is minor.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Justice Department releases secret surveillance documents of ex-Trump aide
The Maine Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating the cause of the fire.