KADOKA, S.D. (AP) — Fire has extensively damaged a motel in Kadoka.
Officials say a three-alarm fire at the El Centro Motel on South Highway 248 Tuesday caused substantial damage to two wings of the building. KOTA-TV reports firefighters were able to stop the fire from spreading into the largest wing of the complex.
Firefighters were hampered by strong wind gusts and several propane tanks on the property. No one was injured.
The South Dakota Fire Marshal’s Office, the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office and Kadoka police are investigating.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump's worldview forged by neglect and trauma at home, niece says in book
- Kanye West says he's serious about a 2020 White House bid — under the banner of the Birthday Party
- No peeking, voters: Court keeps Trump taxes private for now VIEW
- Court: Some employers can refuse to offer free birth control
- CDC's list of symptoms for COVID-19 grows
Information from: KOTA-TV, http://www.kotatv.com