KADOKA, S.D. (AP) — Fire has extensively damaged a motel in Kadoka.
Officials say a three-alarm fire at the El Centro Motel on South Highway 248 Tuesday caused substantial damage to two wings of the building. KOTA-TV reports firefighters were able to stop the fire from spreading into the largest wing of the complex.
Firefighters were hampered by strong wind gusts and several propane tanks on the property. No one was injured.
The South Dakota Fire Marshal’s Office, the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office and Kadoka police are investigating.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Former Trump adviser undercuts GOP impeachment defenses VIEW
- Snowboarding visionary Jake Burton Carpenter dies at 65
- Yelp reviewers are trashing Gordon Sondland's hotels with one-star reviews
- A former Fox News executive divides Americans using Russian tactics
- Winners and losers from the November Democratic debate VIEW
Information from: KOTA-TV, http://www.kotatv.com