CRESWELL, Ore. (AP) — Fire damaged a mill in Creswell, Oregon, south of Eugene.
The Register-Guard reports an office and warehouse at Creswell Forest Products caught fire Sunday night, sending flames high into the night sky. The fire also torched a 40- to 50-foot evergreen tree, but large stacks of lumber remained unscathed.
No one was in the building when the fire started.
South Lane Fire and Rescue said the fire remains under investigation. According to a neighbor, several teens recently tried to set the mill ablaze.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- A child abductee's journey back
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
- Man who tried to breach FBI office killed after standoff
The mill is next to a newer residential neighborhood of both single-family houses and apartments.
Information from: The Register-Guard, http://www.registerguard.com