COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Colorado Springs fire officials say three people were taken to a hospital after a blaze that destroyed or damaged more than 20 townhomes.
The Gazette reports that the Monday fire at Sunstone Townhomes in southeast Colorado Springs was caused by careless smoking which caused the failure of a natural gas line at the meter, fueling the fire.
Fire Capt. Brian Vaughan says three people were taken to a hospital for non-life threatening injuries including smoke inhalation.
He says most of the townhomes were built in 1984 and estimates they were valued at about $100,000.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- GOP Sen. Roger Marshall plans bill to publicize Fauci's salary
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Hostages safe after Texas synagogue standoff; captor dead
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
Information from: The Gazette, http://www.gazette.com