ECRU, Miss. (AP) — Emergency crews have been fighting a fire at a furniture manufacturing plant in northeast Mississippi.
News outlets report that the fire started Friday morning at the American Furniture facility in Pontotoc County.
The plant contains combustible materials such as wood, fiber and plastic. There is no water tower near the plant.
It was the third fire there since 2001.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Crushing defeat for May's deal leaves Brexit path unclear
- Less beef, more beans. Experts say world needs a new diet
- Government shutdown may upend State of the Union speech WATCH
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez vs. Wall Street: Lawmaker wins spot on powerful House committee
American Furniture is taking part this week in the winter Tupelo Furniture Market, and the company had about 50,000 pieces of furniture at the plant. Workers were loading trucks to move furniture away from the fire.