ECRU, Miss. (AP) — Emergency crews have been fighting a fire at a furniture manufacturing plant in northeast Mississippi.
News outlets report that the fire started Friday morning at the American Furniture facility in Pontotoc County.
The plant contains combustible materials such as wood, fiber and plastic. There is no water tower near the plant.
It was the third fire there since 2001.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 29 VIEW
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Death toll rises in California wildfire, matching deadliest VIEW
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
American Furniture is taking part this week in the winter Tupelo Furniture Market, and the company had about 50,000 pieces of furniture at the plant. Workers were loading trucks to move furniture away from the fire.