ECRU, Miss. (AP) — Emergency crews have been fighting a fire at a furniture manufacturing plant in northeast Mississippi.
News outlets report that the fire started Friday morning at the American Furniture facility in Pontotoc County.
The plant contains combustible materials such as wood, fiber and plastic. There is no water tower near the plant.
It was the third fire there since 2001.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
American Furniture is taking part this week in the winter Tupelo Furniture Market, and the company had about 50,000 pieces of furniture at the plant. Workers were loading trucks to move furniture away from the fire.