ECRU, Miss. (AP) — Emergency crews have been fighting a fire at a furniture manufacturing plant in northeast Mississippi.
News outlets report that the fire started Friday morning at the American Furniture facility in Pontotoc County.
The plant contains combustible materials such as wood, fiber and plastic. There is no water tower near the plant.
It was the third fire there since 2001.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
American Furniture is taking part this week in the winter Tupelo Furniture Market, and the company had about 50,000 pieces of furniture at the plant. Workers were loading trucks to move furniture away from the fire.