YORK, S.C. (AP) — Police say the last of three South Carolina law enforcement officers shot and injured by a domestic violence suspect is recovering at home.
The Herald of Rock Hill reports York County Sheriff’s Lt. Buddy Brown had several surgeries at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte. York police Sgt. Kyle Cummings and sheriff’s Sgt. Randy Clinton were released earlier.
A fourth officer, sheriff’s Det. Mike Doty died Jan. 17, a day after the ambush. The four officers were shot while searching for 47-year-old Christian McCall, who fled after his wife called 911 to say he was beating her.
Police shot McCall, who hasn’t been charged because he remains hospitalized. Prosecutors say they plan to charge him with murder in Doty’s death, and attempted murder in the other shootings, among other charges.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Julian Assange has been charged, prosecutors reveal inadvertently in court filing