CARSON, Calif. (AP) — The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department says a fight between two adult brothers left one of them dead.
A department statement says deputies responding to an assault call in Carson on Sunday found that one brother had armed himself with a baseball bat and the other one had a handgun.
The 57-year-old victim was shot once in the torso and was pronounced dead at a hospital.
The 56-year-old suspect was detained and taken to the Carson sheriff’s station for further investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Neither man’s name has been released.