Fiat Chrysler issues a recall.
DETROIT — Fiat Chrysler is recalling 85,816 Chrysler 200 sedans globally because of an electrical problem that could cause the vehicles to stall.
The recall affects certain 2015 Chrysler 200 midsize cars. Almost all were sold in the U.S., but the recall also covers 7,115 cars in Canada, 848 in Mexico and 19 outside North America.
Fiat Chrysler says some electrical connectors were damaged when a supplier was conducting postproduction tests. The problem could cause the engine to stall or shift the gear unexpectedly to neutral.
Fiat Chrysler says it’s unaware of any accidents or injuries related to the recall.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Washington state extremist pays a price after unmasking by left
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Scorching hot in Phoenix: What it’s like to work in 115 degrees
- In the wake of India’s COVID crisis, a ‘Black Fungus’ epidemic follows
- Motorcycle stunt rider Alex Harvill dies while trying to break world record in Moses Lake
Customers will be notified and dealers will repair the vehicles for free.