Fiat Chrysler issues a recall.
DETROIT — Fiat Chrysler is recalling 85,816 Chrysler 200 sedans globally because of an electrical problem that could cause the vehicles to stall.
The recall affects certain 2015 Chrysler 200 midsize cars. Almost all were sold in the U.S., but the recall also covers 7,115 cars in Canada, 848 in Mexico and 19 outside North America.
Fiat Chrysler says some electrical connectors were damaged when a supplier was conducting postproduction tests. The problem could cause the engine to stall or shift the gear unexpectedly to neutral.
Fiat Chrysler says it’s unaware of any accidents or injuries related to the recall.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Florida man filming sunrise killed when sand dune collapses
Customers will be notified and dealers will repair the vehicles for free.