HICKMAN, Ky. (AP) — A ferry that connects Kentucky and Missouri has been temporarily halted while a mechanical issue is addressed.
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says the Dorena-Hickman Ferry is expected to be closed for two or three days.
The cabinet said in a news release on Wednesday that parts have been ordered but that it could take a few days for fabrication and delivery of the parts and to complete the repairs.
The ferry connects Kentucky 1354 at Hickman, Kentucky, with Missouri Route A and Route 77 near Dorena, Missouri. The ferry is located at Mississippi River navigation milepoint 922.0.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- Salmonella contamination in turkey is widespread and unidentified
The ferry is the only direct route between Missouri and Kentucky, which are the only border states that aren’t directly connected by a road.