COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) — A Council Bluffs group working to update and expand the Dream Playground at Lake Manawa State Park intends to use fence pickets to help fund the project.
The Daily Nonpareil reports that plans call for a picket fence to surround the playground. The Dream Playground Re-imagined group intends to let individuals, community groups and businesses pay $100 each for the nearly 1,400 pickets, which can be engraved with a maximum of 22 characters.
The playground was built in 1993 and was named the Dream Playground because its features were conceptualized by elementary students. The same design process was repeated last March, when students were asked to redesign the playground as they think it should be.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- As risk of nuclear war grows, study warns even a limited exchange would doom billions
Information from: The Daily Nonpareil, http://www.nonpareilonline.com