GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — FedEx plans to hire 800 seasonal workers in a North Carolina city.
The News & Record of Greensboro reports that the company said in a release that the Greensboro positions include package handlers and other support positions.
FedEx expects to add more than 50,000 seasonal positions throughout its network to help with holiday packages.
The company says the majority of workers will be added as seasonal package handlers at FedEx Ground facilities, but that there will be other employment opportunities during the holiday season and throughout the year.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Officials said more than one-third of package handlers hired at FedEx Ground facilities last year retained employment at the company at the end of the holiday season.
Information from: News & Record, http://www.news-record.com