GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — FedEx plans to hire 800 seasonal workers in a North Carolina city.
The News & Record of Greensboro reports that the company said in a release that the Greensboro positions include package handlers and other support positions.
FedEx expects to add more than 50,000 seasonal positions throughout its network to help with holiday packages.
The company says the majority of workers will be added as seasonal package handlers at FedEx Ground facilities, but that there will be other employment opportunities during the holiday season and throughout the year.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Southwest Airlines pilot climbs into cockpit window after being locked out of flight deck
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- A powerful climate solution, just below the ocean’s surface
- Cruise ship passengers left terrified after ship sails through rough seas on return to Charleston
- A giant pile of logs is trapping millions of tons of carbon in Canada
Officials said more than one-third of package handlers hired at FedEx Ground facilities last year retained employment at the company at the end of the holiday season.
Information from: News & Record, http://www.news-record.com