WASHINGTON (AP) — Police say a relative of a defendant who had just been convicted of murder attacked a federal prosecutor outside the Superior Court of the District of Columbia.
The Washington Post reports that prosecutor Kendra Briggs and the murder victim’s daughter were leaving the courthouse Thursday when Tiera Hight, a relative of a defendant, got into an altercation with the victim’s daughter.
A police report says Hight’s brother Maurice Hight attacked the prosecutor, punching her in the face and taking her to the ground. Briggs sought treatment for bruises.
Maurice Hight was charged with assaulting two federal agents and resisting arrest. Tiera Hight was charged with misdemeanor assault.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Confusion, then prayer, in cockpit of doomed Lion Air jet
- Extra pilot saved doomed Lion Air jetliner on next-to-last flight
- New Zealand just banned military-style firearms. Here's why the U.S. can't.
- Jimmy Kimmel reacts to Spokane backlash proving Gonzaga's existence, then picks Zags to win NCAA tournament
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
Their brother Tyrone Michael Hight and James Young were found guilty of first-degree murder while armed and other charges.
Information from: The Washington Post, http://www.washingtonpost.com