WASHINGTON (AP) — Police say a relative of a defendant who had just been convicted of murder attacked a federal prosecutor outside the Superior Court of the District of Columbia.
The Washington Post reports that prosecutor Kendra Briggs and the murder victim’s daughter were leaving the courthouse Thursday when Tiera Hight, a relative of a defendant, got into an altercation with the victim’s daughter.
A police report says Hight’s brother Maurice Hight attacked the prosecutor, punching her in the face and taking her to the ground. Briggs sought treatment for bruises.
Maurice Hight was charged with assaulting two federal agents and resisting arrest. Tiera Hight was charged with misdemeanor assault.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Serial killer who took 10 women's lives executed in Florida
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- 3 dead, state capital battered as storms rake Missouri VIEW
- Trump, Pelosi trade insults as their feud heats up VIEW
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
Their brother Tyrone Michael Hight and James Young were found guilty of first-degree murder while armed and other charges.
Information from: The Washington Post, http://www.washingtonpost.com