ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — The FBI is searching for a suspect in a series of bank robberies in the Long Beach area and Orange County in Southern California.
The FBI says the thief successfully robbed three banks this month by brandishing either a gun or a knife and aggressively demanding cash.
Authorities say the suspect also threatened to hurt people if they didn’t cooperate.
The Orange County Register reports investigators released security footage from the banks on Wednesday hoping someone will help them identify the thief.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23
The suspect is described as a white man between 5 feet 6 inches (1.68 meters) and 5 feet 9 inches (1.75 meters) tall with a slender build, light hair and light eyes.
Information from: The Orange County Register, http://www.ocregister.com