ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — The FBI is searching for a suspect in a series of bank robberies in the Long Beach area and Orange County in Southern California.
The FBI says the thief successfully robbed three banks this month by brandishing either a gun or a knife and aggressively demanding cash.
Authorities say the suspect also threatened to hurt people if they didn’t cooperate.
The Orange County Register reports investigators released security footage from the banks on Wednesday hoping someone will help them identify the thief.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
The suspect is described as a white man between 5 feet 6 inches (1.68 meters) and 5 feet 9 inches (1.75 meters) tall with a slender build, light hair and light eyes.
Information from: The Orange County Register, http://www.ocregister.com