ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — The FBI is searching for a suspect in a series of bank robberies in the Long Beach area and Orange County in Southern California.
The FBI says the thief successfully robbed three banks this month by brandishing either a gun or a knife and aggressively demanding cash.
Authorities say the suspect also threatened to hurt people if they didn’t cooperate.
The Orange County Register reports investigators released security footage from the banks on Wednesday hoping someone will help them identify the thief.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Julian Assange has been charged, prosecutors reveal inadvertently in court filing
The suspect is described as a white man between 5 feet 6 inches (1.68 meters) and 5 feet 9 inches (1.75 meters) tall with a slender build, light hair and light eyes.
Information from: The Orange County Register, http://www.ocregister.com