SWANNANOA, N.C. (AP) — The FBI searched two western North Carolina residences once occupied by the man charged with attacking a Colorado Planned Parenthood clinic.
FBI spokeswoman Shelley Lynch said in an email that agents searched properties Tuesday in Swannanoa and Black Mountain where Robert Dear had lived. She said agents were assisting the FBI’s Denver office but couldn’t elaborate.
Dear is charged with murder and other counts after prosecutors say he killed three people and injured nine in November.
Neighbor Robert Adams said in a phone interview that he saw 15 to 20 law enforcement agents arrive in a dozen vehicles and search the Swannanoa property for several hours.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Should vaccinated people start wearing masks again?
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- A Grizzly Bear Terrorized a Man for Days in Alaska. The Coast Guard Saw His SOS.
- Trans model makes Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover history: 'If you don't like it, you can go somewhere else'
- Why so many people have the worst summer cold ever
He said agents wearing face shields or masks along with gloves searched the trailer after using a battering ram on the door.