SWANNANOA, N.C. (AP) — The FBI searched two western North Carolina residences once occupied by the man charged with attacking a Colorado Planned Parenthood clinic.
FBI spokeswoman Shelley Lynch said in an email that agents searched properties Tuesday in Swannanoa and Black Mountain where Robert Dear had lived. She said agents were assisting the FBI’s Denver office but couldn’t elaborate.
Dear is charged with murder and other counts after prosecutors say he killed three people and injured nine in November.
Neighbor Robert Adams said in a phone interview that he saw 15 to 20 law enforcement agents arrive in a dozen vehicles and search the Swannanoa property for several hours.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- At Pentagon, fears grow that Trump will pull military into election unrest
- Trump expected to announce conservative Barrett for court VIEW
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Snake lands on Mississippi woman as she opens her front door
- Canceled flights strand 25 Easter Islanders for 6 months
He said agents wearing face shields or masks along with gloves searched the trailer after using a battering ram on the door.