BOSTON (AP) — The U.S. Coast Guard says the FBI is investigating after the body of a woman who fell off a cruise ship was pulled from waters off the coast of Massachusetts.
The Portland Press Herald reports (http://bit.ly/1Y1HNQs ) the Massachusetts Medical Examiner’s Office plans to perform an autopsy on the 59-year-old’s body.
The Coast Guard says it received a distress call around 7 p.m. Friday saying the woman had fallen overboard the Seabourn Quest when the ship was about 10 miles off Cape Ann. They say the ship left Boston on Friday afternoon and was bound for Bar Harbor, Maine.
An FBI spokeswoman says her agency has nothing more to say about the investigation until the autopsy is completed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Seattle accountant retires on cruise ships to save money
- Kellyanne Conway trashes ‘shrewd and calculating’ Jared Kushner in new tell-all memoir
- A hot, deadly summer is coming, with frequent blackouts in U.S. and globally
- How the Supreme Court could soon drastically expand the right to carry guns
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The identity and hometown of the woman have not been released.