DECATUR, Ga. (AP) — The FBI and Georgia authorities are asking for help finding a man who stole a van containing $1.8 million in cash.
The van was parked outside a Citizens Trust Bank branch in Decatur while two ATM Response Inc. workers put cash into an automated teller Sept. 8. They locked the van but left it running and entered the bank.
An FBI news release Wednesday says the workers returned 15 minutes later to find only broken glass.
Surveillance footage shows a man in dark pants, a baggy gray long-sleeved shirt and a black backpack approaching the vehicle. Later that day, the DeKalb County Marshall’s Unit found the unoccupied vehicle.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Archie Battersbee, gravely ill 12-year-old, dies after removal of life support
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Key Washington primary 2022 election results
- Everyone loves e-bikes - except some who have to share roads with them
The news release doesn’t say whether money was missing, or how much.
Anyone with information should contact Crime Stoppers Atlanta at 404-577-8477.